The purpose of this project is to lead and manage all the user experience initiatives and work in collaboration with the StatCan IT and business teams responsible for sub-components of the new dissemination model project with the objective of building an integrated website and mobile user experience that meets all the goals and objectives stated by the NDM project with respect to usability, user centered design aspects, and best practices
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Gathered, documented and interpreted user requirements for the purpose of improving user experience and web interfaces for StatsCan complex and rich data interfaces.
- Reviewed and gathered the business requirements iteratively from various internal clients and followed up with them on the requirements’ change to ensure accurate implementation of the defined requirements
- Evaluated web interfaces prototypes and mockups proposed by StatCan business partners and teams and ensured they meet the project’s needs and objectives along with being compliant to the Government of Canada web standards guidelines and best practices
- Defined, conducted, and concluded end-user interviews for web applications task analysis and created personas for the purpose of conducting user testing.
- Created web application user interface (UI) designs based on the user needs analysis and system use cases
- Developed concept design and detailed level design User Interface prototypes for Statistics Canada web and mobile presence including forms and functionality for the purpose of usability testing and further refinement by the development team through applying the user centered design principles.
- Documented the User Interface detailed design specifications and UI interactions for the Statistics Canada website design.
- Communicated the usability deliverables with the business team, application architects and developers to ensure proper implementation.
- Developed mock-up that optimizes user experience, meets NDM project product lines requirements, meets usability requirements and meets Government of Canada web standards guidelines and best practices
- Developed flowcharts (web site flow maps) depicting web site maps, navigation flows and content
- Planned and moderated 3 cycles of user testing for the proposed design, with the target audience, analyzed the results and updated the proposed design accordingly.